Shinji Ikari: No-one understands me.
Rei Ayanami: You never understood anything.
Shinji Ikari: I thought it was supposed to be a world without unpleasantness... without uncertainty
Rei Ayanami: Because you assumed everyone was like you.
Shinji Ikari: Betrayed! You betrayed my feelings!
Rei Ayanami: You misunderstood from the start. You assumed without asking.
Shinji Ikari: Nobody wants me, so everyone can just die...
Rei Ayanami: Then what is your hand for?
Shinji Ikari: Nobody cares whether I live or die. Nothing will change... so everyone can just die...
Rei Ayanami: Then what is your heart for?
Shinji Ikari: The world would be better if I wasn't here. So I should just die too...
Rei Ayanami: Then why are you here?
Shinji Ikari: Is it OK for me to be here?
[the word "Silence" flashes on the screen and fades away]
Shinji Ikari: Noooooooooo!

1 comment: